Evangelism | Dr. Leighton Ford (Mentoring)
10 Tips For Everyday Evangelism
May 7, 2016
Tim Keller’s top 10 evangelism tips
Tim Keller, a well-known pastor in New York, spoke at the Lausanne evangelization congress in CapeTown. In his talk he gave these ten tips to help everyone in their evangelism efforts.
- Let people around you know you are a Christian (in a natural, unforced way)
- Ask friends about their faith – and just listen!
- Listen to your friends problems – maybe offer to pray for them
- Share your problems with others – testify to how your faith helps you
- Give them a book to read
- Share your story
- Answer objections and questions
- Invite them to a church event
- Offer to read the Bible with them
- Take them to a class or small group where the Gospel is explored
Keller also advised to start with 1-4. We often think that only stages 8-10 count and invest all our energy there. He suggests that to get people at stages 8,9,10 you have to put the work in at 1-4. Sometimes you’ll have to keep going round the loop multiple times.